Sunday, July 26, 2009

Busy Week

We had such a busy week, last week. Monday through Wednesday we were in Topeka at volleyball camp. S learned a lot and I could see the improvement at the end of the camp. I learned a lot, also. They had great drills and progressions.
On Wednesday afternoon, we went to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. TT and D rode every roller coaster, TT was fearless. S was scared of the roller coasters but loved the spinning rides. We stayed till the park closed and fell into hotel beds at 11:30pm. Thursday we drove home.

On Friday, S and I left for Rocksprings 4H camp with our Girl Scout Troop. There were 10 girls and 8 moms. We had archery, leadership course and a night swim on Friday.
Friday night, the moms were up late laughing and talking. I think most of the girls only got 3 to 4 hours of sleep because we woke them up at 7am for breakfast. The Rocksprings staff provides all the meals and they are wonderful.

On Saturday, we went horseback riding and canoeing. The girls were wonderfully behaved, no crying or fighting. I am so lucky to have this group of girls and have this time to make memories with them.
I highly recommend Rocksprings for family reunions, scout troops, or retreats.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Princessliak said...

That all looks like such a good time! I guess that I might recruit T to ride with Huck and his brother on scary rides. I am with S as I love the spinning ones!!! (You look so good in the pictures!!!)

Allison said...

Got caught up on your blog for the first time in months. I'm happy to see you & your fam are doing well. I love the pink hair. What's your estimated graduation date? Is D working this summer?