Monday, August 10, 2009

Relay for Life

Friday night, I participated in a wonderful event to help defeat cancer: Relay for Life. In the weeks leading up to the event, team members raise money for cancer research. On the day of the event, each team sets up a "home" area with a tent, decorations and a fundraiser. The event was held at a middle school football field and it's surrounding track.

Our team was called Hope Floats and we had a nautical theme. From 7pm on Friday till 7am on Saturday morning someone on your team must be walking on the track. I decided to run during my time on the track and I was able to complete 13 miles. Running on a track at 2am with a dj playing music is a very surreal experience.

I want to say a special thanks to everyone who purchased goodies during my fundraiser bake sale at Twist.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: