Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Knit and Fit

Yesterday, I got my copy of Elizabeth Zimmermann's newest book, Knit One, Knit All. It is full of garter stitch goodness. I have a couple of things that I want to knit in the fall (it's too hot to use wool, right now.) I'm planning some mittens and a vest. Right now, I'm in a KAL for the sock yarn blanket. I love trading the little skeins of sock yarn.

In fit news, I signed up to run the half-marathon (13.1 miles) at Prairie Fire on October 9th. I haven't run any races since the marathon last year and I think it's time to get back to it. My first year of teaching was so busy and intense that there was no time for training. I felt like a hypocrite telling kids to exercise for 60 minutes a day when I'm falling into bed at night without a single step in that direction. I'm not running it for speed and right now I'm walking more than I'm running (using Jeff Galloway's method.) I just want to have fun and run!!

No comments: