Friday, August 17, 2007

Adventure in Bicycling

I decided to do my bike workout this morning since I only have one later class today. Plus, I got bike shoes and clipless pedals last week and I need to try them out before next weeks big race.

I noticed my back tire was a little low but I figured I could ride the mile to the gas station and pump it up. I didn't realize that road bike tires have a different valve and when I got to the gas station I accidentally let all the air out of the tire trying to figure out how to get more air in.

I decided to walk the mile back to my house barefoot instead of clopping home in my bike shoes.

The funny thing was I was just at the bike shop, this week, looking at bike repair kits with CO2 which would have allowed me to fix the problem. But I thought "I won't ever need that."

Life is still good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up... sorry!

Anonymous said...

sounds like your bike has a presta valve instead of a schraeder valve. In either case you should never fill up a bike tire at a gas station. You will blow the tire! Invest in a decent bicycle pump, one for the house, and a frame pump so you can air up your tires while on the road.
-Mark