Monday, August 27, 2007

Jackson County Tri

Usually, the day I get back from a race, I write a race review but I'm feeling a little disappointed with my performance (especially the bike) so I think I will skip the online version. I did finish the race though, in 3 hours and 1 minute. I was 205 out of 209 on the long course, now you see why I'm disappointed.


Instead, today, you get a picture of Sally and I from the Wichita Eagle. Sally escaped from the backyard on Tuesday and I found her at the Wichita Animal Shelter on Wednesday. A photographer from the Eagle happened to be there taking pictures for a story about the shelter and Humane Society. When I got home on Sunday my friend called to say we were in the paper.

3 comments:

twist said...

I'm proud of you for showing up at all! You not only showed up, you finished! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

You did a good job jackie!!! I wouldn't have done it at all!! I am soo proud of you and in awe.

Sally and you are really cute. I hate the animal shelter on Hillside. Its soo depressing. I'm glad you found her!!

-Jessica from KIP

Allison said...

So glad you found Sally! That's scary when a pet goes missing.

Be proud of yourself for doing the tri. Comparing yourself with others is one of the fastest ways I know to make yourself feel crappy.

You are phenomenal, dammit!