Sunday, April 13, 2008

Las Vegas

First, I'm going to give you what you want: pictures of Lia looking so dang cute with her little bump. In you case you were wondering, Lia is the same amazing, inspiring, rocking gal we all know and love, notice in the picture she doesn't have any shoes on. This is us at Red Rock Canyon, where we hiked on Friday.

This is us at the end of the Iron Girl. I had a great race and finished in 1:29:58. I was 29 in my age group (out of 84) and 136 overall (out of 463.) The course was beautiful. I was so happy I brought my wetsuit because the Lake Las Vegas water was about 60 degrees. It was freezing but I had a great swim (17:48.) The bike course had a lot of downhills and the run finished in the middle of Montelago Village Resort which was incredible.


We stayed on The Strip at Mandalay Bay. This was my first time in Vegas and I was overwhelmed (and over stimulated) by the lights, sounds, and people. We ate amazing food - lots of desserts. Our favorite stops were Whole Foods and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. I spent way too much at lucy; it's my new favorite store. It has everything a sexy tomboy, like me, needs.

Lia looked so cute with her little "baby bump." I'm so excited for her and I know she will be a great mom. If you are interested, we are planning another girl's adventure next year and we would love to have some company.

4 comments:

E said...

Congrats on an excellent job! Came across your blog through ravelry and love it. I'll be adding you to my reader. :)

J. Denae said...

Congrats! You both look great and I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Lanora said...

Good job and what an awesome trip!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Iron Girl!!! How exciting - between your blog and Lia's blog felt like being there only cheaper -tga