Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jewelry


I don't wear much jewelry but the things I do wear are special and above all simple.

I always wear a charm which reads "Create your own Destiny" from Amy Peter's Studio. I bought it for myself after my first multi-sport race which was a duathlon in Manhattan, Ks in October of 2006. It reminds me that all things are possible, I rode that race on a mountain bike (everyone else had super fast, super cool road bikes) and it was freezing cold; I had to run to the mall, the night before, and buy a long sleeve top to wear. I really had no idea what I was doing but I made it through and I won 3rd place in my age group. I wanted to hold on to that feeling forever.

I also wear a bracelet made from a bike spoke with a iron girl charm on it. This reminds me of my friends. Angelique gave me the bracelet at Christmas and I got the charm in Vegas with Lia and now they have both moved away. I wear them to keep my friends and the things they have taught me close to my heart. They remind me to follow my heart and my dreams, be brave and make life an adventure.

I didn't mean for this post to get so sappy, really I just wanted to share my newest jewelry find. Lisa Leonard Designs makes hand stamped jewelry from sterling silver. I love how simple and personlized the designs are. I think the stackable rings with my kid's names could be a good addition to my regular jewelry.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Did you see her blog? It is so touching! Thanks for giving us the link.