Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Walk this Way

Back before my half-marathon, 5K's and triathlons, it all started with walking.

About 5 years ago, D and I would push the kids in a stroller and walk 3-5 miles every evening. It had many benefits, it was a great way to connect with each other, it was free, the kids liked it and most importantly it built the base for the rest of my fitness life.

This summer I have been sorely lacking on my fitness practices and goals. I have lots of excuses for not working out but they are just excuses.

So I'm going back to my roots, where it all started, WALKING. If you see me out walking in your neighborhood give me a little toot, toot on your horn.

2 comments:

Lara said...

The kids and I are going to be walking to and from school this year. :) We have a very walking and running intense neighborhood.

If I see you out walking in my neighborhood, I'll join you. It would be a surprise, though.

Allison said...

going veggie again? good for you!