Thursday, April 9, 2009

Weaving


Over the past couple of months I have been toying with idea of getting a Rigid Heddle Loom. I even tried one out on our last trip to Lawrence. But I have resisted.

Then this week, two things happened. First, I got the new issue of Living Crafts and they had a wonderful article about weaving with kids. Second, I found a well built kid's loom kit at a book fair.

On the left is my first attempt. I think this loom is enough for me right now but I think a Rigid Heddle might be on my Christmas list.

(Check this out. When I search for the Learn to Weave kit on Amazon it is selling for $114. That must be a mistake)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yeah!

I'll have to bring in my loom and see if I can teach you what I learn in the rigid heddle class I'm taking @The Yarn Barn this weekend.

Sally Knitz said...

That looks like fun! I can hardly wait to see the projects you make.