Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Gifts Part 2



I did pretty well using the rhyme for Christmas purchases. The kids both got books (about 4 each) and a couple of outfits. S got a cell phone for her want and Little Mermaid sheets for her need. TT got a R/C helicopter for his want and we couldn't think of anything big for his need so he got a few little things like shoe laces with skulls on them.

I also filled their stocking with fun things like a Webkinz, new Heely wheels, and those incredible growing toys that you put in water.
The rhyme helped me on a mental/emotional level because I didn't get the feeling that I needed to run out on Christmas Eve and buy more gifts. It felt good to just let it be.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm glad the rhyme helped you stress a little less on xmas eve. Looks like the kiddos enjoyed their gifts. Thanks for letting me know how it turned out.