Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Gifts

So I have a tendency to go a little overboard in the gift department during Christmas. The list of people I give gifts to has everyone from the mailman and trashman to the lunch lady and secretary at the kid's school. It's all really too much. In addition usually the week before Christmas I freak out and go buy the kids extra gifts just so they can having lots to open on Christmas morning.

But this year I am making a pledge before all of you, I will not go overboard. I am trimming my list and giving holiday greeting cards with a handwritten thank you's to those I would usually buy a gift card for i.e. lunch lady and school secretary.

Also I am using a cute I idea from, my friend, Allison's blog for my kids. Gifts from this poem: something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. Lucky for me, we are having our school book fair next week and I will be able to get some good deals on books.

I expect that you guys will hold me to this.

1 comment:

Allison said...

let us know how it turns out - did you stick with it? were the kids just as happy? did you tell them your poem/plan?