Friday, September 7, 2007

"Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap

I haven't done a swap in quite some time and I miss getting surprises in the mail so I decided the dishcloth swap was for me.

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I have been knitting for about 6 years. I do not crochet.

2. Have you made dischlothes before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I have made many dishclothes, I use them myself and give them as gifts.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I use lots of peaches and cream. I would love to try Handknit Cotton by Rowan.


4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I prefer circular needles and I really like addis and hiya hiya needles

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
I love bright colors, fushia, lime green, turquoise.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?
Going to the Pumpkin Patch with the kids

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Pumpkin and Apple

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
I was always nervous on the first day. I liked to dress up "fancy'" on the first day of school and I picked out the perfect outfits for everyday of the first week.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
I love, love, love Halloween!!


10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Red Licorice, chocolate (dark), caramel apple suckers

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have a Lab dog, 2 kids (9 yr old girl, 6 yr old boy) and a husband

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
Noro Kuryeon, I'm bright and cheery, a little crazy and unpredictable

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
I use them for dishclothes but I would like to have one for a facecloth

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
Halloween, of course. We decorate our whole house complete with 3 large blowups in our front yard.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
No allergies.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hey Jackie! You and Lia did a great job on the sock class today! I'm already starting towards the toe! At least now I know not to use "illegal needles." :) Can't wait to see you both at Stitch and Bitch!

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Ohhh fun! It'd be awesome to have a yard again to do big ole decorations in. I'm in an Apartment now, so there's not as much I can do. Thanks for getting this up!