Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Have you ever heard of Socci?

I traveled to Emporia State University to attend a workshop on Socci and GeoMat. Unfortunately, I missed the GeoMat workshop because as I was leaving for lunch I ran into a curb and blew out my tire (don't tell my husband, he already thinks I'm a bad driver.)

After I called AAA and they put the spare on, then I drove to Wal-Mart to get a new tire. I spent an hour and half at the Starbucks across the street. Thank goodness I had my Twist project bag with my Kansas sock to knit.

I did learn a lot at the Socci workshop. The presenter talked about how, in American, when you give people a ball they use their hands but in European countries they use their feet. It's just a cultural difference.

1 comment:

Allison said...

How is socci pronounced?