Monday, June 2, 2008

Crossroads


I am at a computer crossroads. My laptop is at a critical care level right now, it crashes at least once a week, the hinges that hold the screen up are broken so I have to lean it against something in order to type. We had the computer tech lady at D's work look at it, she did her best but it still has BIG problems.

So here I am, shopping for a new laptop on a slim budget. We are in the process of getting a new roof (hail damage) and the van is going to the shop tomorrow for a tune-up and who knows what they will find.

I would love to buy a MacBook but even with an educators discount it is too much. I have just enough to buy a cheap PC but I'm torn. If I can hold out till the end of the summer I could get my beloved Mac but I don't know how long I can take the computer shutting down right in the middle of a blog post and finding some place to prop up the screen.

1 comment:

Allie said...

my new laptop arrived today. it's a dell inspiron 1525 with ubuntu linux preloaded. it cost about $800. buying it with unbuntu instead of windows makes it cheaper, because you don't have to pay microsoft. this laptop is sufficient for my computer usage: email, web surfing, and the occasional spreadsheet or document. you can get this same model for about $600 if you exclude some of the frills.