Friday, June 27, 2008

More EZ Sweater Pictures


I really love this sweater. The fit is great. I made the sleeves 21.5 inches which completely covers my wrists. I have purchased the yarn to make an EZ sweater for S - a gray sweater with pink color work in O wool.


The bottom hem and the sleeve hems are made in this contrast color. I started by knitting 9 rounds in contrast color, then purled a row with main color, followed by 9 more knitted rounds of main color. Finally, I picked up and knitted together the 10th round and the cast on round. This pictures shows the hem turned up.


I just completed my EZ library - Knitting Around arrived in the mail today and I bought Knitting Almanac at Twist tonight. I already had Knitting Without Tears, Knitting Workshop, and The Opinionated Knitter.

2 comments:

Lanora said...

Love the hem details and the drape the extra weight adds -- just beautiful!

Allison said...

contrasting hemmed cuffs! ooo la la! i love ez, but haven't tried any of her patterns yet. someday when i can knit without being attacked by a toddler...